In our final RE lesson of the term, we learned about The Nativity Story. As a class, we mind mapped what we already knew about Christmas and then watched a video explaining the story of Jesus’ birth. As we watched, we listed the main events. We decided that there were seven important points:
- An angel visited Mary and told her she would have a baby.
- Mary and Joseph travelled on a donkey to Bethlehem to be counted for the census.
- There was nowhere for them to stay; all of the inns were full.
- A kind innkeeper let Mary and Joseph stay in his stable with all of the animals.
- A bright star appeared in the sky.
- Some shepherds were visited by an angel and he told them to go and see baby Jesus in the stable.
- The three wise men noticed the new star in the sky and followed it to Bethlehem and found Jesus. They bought him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
After we had finished discussing the story we decided to create a class storyboard showing each of the main events. We worked with our shoulder partner to create a collage for each of the scenes. Can you guess which scene we chose?